Frequently Asked Questions
These answers may help you see how Southern Content can help you.
- What Can You Do For Us?
- What Will You Charge Us?
- How Do We Deal With the Distance Thing?
- Can You Guarantee Results?
Your question not here? Ask me or arrange a free, no-obligation, initial consultation.
Short answer: what we decide you need. Sorry. That’s not really helping is it. Thing is, it’s the right answer to the question.
We offer solution packages for common e-business challenges. But understanding your business and what you need/want to achieve with your digital marketing is a big part of what we offer you. One size doesn’t fit all. Wouldn’t you rather have help specifically tailored to your business’ challenges/problems?
Once we have a complete picture of your business realities and the necessary insight into how your website is performing we offer you:
- Ebusiness advice and coaching — the benefit of our experience applied to your particular business challenges.
- Website performance review and assessment — an expert assessment of your website and e-business strategy’s strengths, weaknesses and associated threats and opportunities.
- Website analytics support — how can you improve your site’s performance if you don’t understand it?
- Website content and copy — content and copy for your site that reflects best practice and serves your e-business goals by catering to search engines and your desired audience.
- Website optimisation for conversion and effective search visibility — optimising copy, site structure, content, search-critical code, page templates, website processes, etc. for generating and converting traffic.
- Online Marketing strategy, support and execution (copy, campaign management) — how and where should you promote your site and your business online?
Basically, reviewing your site and online marketing efforts, planning and making changes to content.
That depends… We do not have an hourly rate. we have indicative pricing for standard tasks and set prices for specific deliverables. But the price we agree on will depend on your specific needs and your situation… Our goal is to offer you value and customise the work we deliver to maximise that value and minimise the cost.
Rest assured, We will never offer you things you don’t need. For us, it’s about helping you get the maximum return on your broader e-business investment… Part of the value of putting our experience to work for your business is minimising unnecessary design/development/advertising expenditure.
We don’t have to be in the same room to communicate effectively. We have worked on sites based all over the world from Auckland, Melbourne, Taupo, Mangawhai and now Wanaka.
Wanaka, our base, is a small town on a lake in the south of New Zealand’s South Island. If you aren’t based here (although you should consider it!), that doesn’t mean we can’t achieve your e-business goals together.
In our experience, a combination of phone, instant messaging and a willingness to work flexible hours on our part ensures effective communication and profitable outcomes.
The short answer is: no. we are, however, happy to guarantee satisfaction with our work.
- If, for any reason, you aren’t satisfied with the advice, content or copy delivered during our work together we will happily do what’s needed to address any problems.
- If we can’t reach a point where you feel you’ve got what you asked for then we will give you a full refund.
That said: in nearly 15 years of e-business consulting, we’ve never faced a situation where a client requested a refund.
Why can’t you guarantee results then?
We guarantee what we control. But there are too many variables to be able to guarantee results. Any consultant will tell you that often their advice isn’t followed, recommended changes aren’t made, the end result isn’t as envisaged… There are all sorts of reasons this may happen. But I can hardly guarantee results if you don’t follow my advice.
And beyond internal reasons there are all sorts of variables we can’t control, from competitors to search engines and economic conditions…
Bottom line: We will do everything in our power to get you the results you need… Guaranteed!
(Note: you will find internet marketers guaranteeing results but we would urge you to think carefully what is being guaranteed. Search engine optimisers often guarantee top ten results for search keywords, for instance. Great. But easy to achieve for obscure terms and terms that few sites are targeting. Top ten rankings for keywords than generate little traffic and have negligible impact on your cash flow aren’t worth much.)
Your question not here? Ask me or arrange a free, no-obligation, initial consultation